Discover the client sentiment data from popular sources on the Forex market and see when traders are going long or short. Use our AI powered contrarian indicator to improve technical analysis, especially if you are interested in going against the consensus.
Click on a currency pair to see an up to date chart comparing the market sentiment and the price candlesticks spanning the past months.
TrendingEUR/CHF GOLD SILVER
Forex sentiment analysis
What is the contrarian approach to client sentiment
The contrarian approach to client sentiment is when a trader would look to take a trade in the opposite direction of the majority traders in the market. Meaning, if the majority are selling an instrument, look for buy opportunities, and, similarly, if the majority are buying an instrument, look for sell opportunities.
The contrarian approach is the most used sentiment trading strategy.
We are always looking to take trades in the direction of the current trend, not trying to pick tops or bottoms. In other words, if the trend is bullish, and the sentiment is short, we're looking for buy opportunities; if the trend is bearish, and the sentiment is long, we're looking for sell opportunities. Read more here.
Forex sentiment rules
- Entering a tradeClient sentiment should not be used alone, but in combination with your technical and fundamental analysis. It should be treated as a confirmation indicator along with all the other trading rules.
- Assets / InstrumentsClient sentiment bias is more accurate for assets or forex pairs with higher trading volume, like all USD majors (EUR/USD, USD/JPY, etc ...), GOLD or important indices. When showing the client sentiment, we put first the most traded instruments.
- TimeframesClient sentiment gives best results when trading higher timeframes, like hourly, 4 hourly or daily.
- SourcesFor a better confirmation, check the client sentiment from different sources (forex brokers or trading related websites). We put together sentiments from multiple sources to help you with this. It's important these sources to have a large pool of traders.
- Forex sentiment indicatorThere are different ways of using the client sentiment in trading, but the majority of traders are using the client sentiment as a contrarian indicator.